Lucy thinks everyone but Mrs. Trumbull has forgotten her birthday, so she mopes around and joins the Friends of the Friendless. She ends up crashing the Tropicana and finds a surprise party just for her.
- This is the first and only time we get to hear the lyrics to the theme song.
- At the Tropicana, Ricky thanks "Pugh and Carroll," the contortionists. The audience laughs, because they know it's an inside joke reference to head writers Madelyn Pugh and Bob Carroll, Jr.
- Lucy's birthday cake at the surprise party comes with pink roses and a heart that says, "Happy birthday, Lucy" inside of it.
- Lucy ended up holding her breath for almost 33 seconds, not 20, because of Mrs. Trumbull's watch stopping.
- Lucy always gets hiccups when she cries; this has been happening ever since she was a little girl. However, this is the only episode to mention this, despite the fact that Lucy cries in many other episodes.
- Mrs. Trumbull: I stopped having birthdays when I was your age. At least, I THINK I was your age. How old are you?
Lucy: How old were you when you stopped?
Mrs. Trumbull: My last birthday was my 29th.
Lucy: You were just my age.
Mrs. Trumbull: That's what I figured. I was 34 at the time!
- Lucy: Sure, I wanted [Ricky] to forget my birthday, but he forgot my birthday!
- Lucy: I'm alright. I've got plenty of money.
Friends of the Friendless member: We're sure of that.
Lucy: No, really. (hiccups from crying) I'm loaded.
FOTF member: We're sure of THAT, too!
- Ricky: (singing) I love Lucy, and she loves me. We're as happy as two can be. Sometimes, we quarrel, but then... Ha, ha, ha! How we love making up again. Lucy kisses like no one can. She's my missus, and I'm her man. And life is heaven, you see. 'Cause I love Lucy. Yes, I love Lucy, and Lucy loves me!